Property Settlement after Separation

Property Settlement after SeparationKavanagh Family Lawyers can assist with drafting consent orders once agreement about property settlement has been reached. We can then help you apply to transfer any land from joint names. Any stamp duty payable on the transfer is assessed at a nominal rate rather than at market value. These Transfers of Land are lodged with the Department of Land Administration and stamp duty is assessed by the Department of State Revenue.

The State Revenue Department will assess the stamp duty at nominal rates on both the transfer and the court order, where the parties have a sealed Family Court order specifying a property transfer from the names of both parties to one party.

Property Settlement after Separation: Next Step

  • If we may be of assistance, call Kavanagh Lawyers on (08) 6557 5888.