Child Relocation Orders

West Australian - Child Relocation OrdersThe West Australian newspaper has published an article on a Child Relocation Judgement made last week which allowed two WA children to move to Britain with their mother who was homesick. This was against their Perth-based father’s wishes, as Justice John Walters found it was “more likely” to be in the Chidren’s best interests. You can read the full article online here.

Kavanagh Lawyers Can Help with Child Relocation Orders

The team at Kavanagh Lawyers understand that many people, quite reasonably, are reluctant to engage in the legal process, particularly when they feel they have successfully reached agreement. The legal process can be very expensive in both financial and emotional terms so it’s important to be cautious in your approach. However, in considering whether you need to do anything else you may wish to consider the following:

  • Is your agreement verbal or in writing?
  • Is your agreement binding in law?
  • Will communication between you and your former partner always be as good as it is now?
  • What happens if you or your former partner marries or has a child with someone else?
  • If your former partner breaches the agreement, what happens?
  • Will you be able to agree on future schools, medical treatment and holidays (Christmas, School holidays) interstate and overseas travel?

The good news is that at relatively low cost (particularly relative to the cost of litigation) and quite quickly, Kavangh Lawyers can formalise Consent Orders and Parenting Plans between you and your former partner so they are binding and enforceable by law. Your Consent Orders can even be filed and pronounced final at the Family Court without you ever having to attend the Court.

Read more about what Kavanagh Family Lawyers Child Support and Custody here.