Kavanagh Family Lawyers – Legal Services
Offering legal services exclusively in the area of Family Law, our Perth Family Lawyers can provide the following specific services:
- Divorce: Divorce involves the cancelling of legal responsibilities and duties of the marriage as well as dissolving of the ties of matrimony between a married couple.
- De Facto Relationships: Kavanagh Family Lawyers assist in the event of a breakdown of a de facto relationship. We also provide advice on steps that can be taken before or during a de facto relationship which may prevent future disputes in the event the relationship breaks down.
- Same Sex Relationships: Kavanagh Family Lawyers are fortunate to have many same sex clients. Our Perth Family Lawyers are highly experienced in dealing with the various challenges that same-sex couples face with regard to family law, and legal recognition of their relationships.
- Child Support and Custody: Our Perth Family Lawyers can provide prompt and professional legal advice on child support and custody, to help separated or divorced parents reach agreements quickly and protect the best interests of the children.
- Binding Financial Agreements (BFAs): A Binding Financial Agreement (known in some other countries as a ‘pre-nuptial agreement’) can deal with how your property would be settled upon the breakdown of the marriage or de facto relationship, and how one or both parties are to be maintained during and/or after that breakdown. Binding Financial Agreements can protect finances and property.
- Spousal Maintenance: After a marriage or de facto relationship has broken down, Spousal Maintenance is the financial support that one party to a marriage or de facto relationship may be required to continue to provide to the other party.
- Violence Restraining Orders: A violence restraining order (VRO) is an order of the court designed to stop threats, property damage, violence, intimidating behaviour and emotional abuse. It tells the offender to stay away and/or to stop behaving in certain ways towards the person.
- Misconduct restraining orders: A misconduct restraining order (MRO) is an order of the court designed to stop someone behaving in a way that can be offensive or intimidating towards another. It can also prevent someone from causing damage to a person’s property or acting in a way that may lead to breeching of the peace.
- Property Settlement and Conveyancing: When a breakdown of a marriage or de facto relationship occurs, the division of property and other assets becomes critically important to the financial future of both parties. Our Perth Family Lawyers know how important it is to obtain legal advice before trying to negotiate any property settlement with your spouse or partner.
- Enduring Power of Attorney: An enduring power of attorney is a legal document created to allow a person to appoint another who will make financial and/or property decisions on their behalf.
- Wills & Inheritance: As a Will is the document which sets out a person’s wishes for his or her property to be disposed of in a particular way upon death, it is important for it to be valid. A will has to meet certain formal requirements which are prescribed by the Wills Act.
Our team of Perth family lawyers can provide meaningful solutions for clients in all aspects of the family law services mentioned above.
- If we may be of assistance, call Kavanagh Lawyers on (08) 9218 8422.